Eco is a restaurant on Clapham high street in South West London. It is best known for its pizza however is always very popular for breakfast/brunch and has a very customisable menu, including a ‘totally vegan’ brunch option. For those following low carb/high protein, you can (sort of) build your own meal – salmon, avocado and spinach, which avoids the ‘this without this’ chat. Additionally the pizzas and salads can be easily made vegan by removing cheese.
Eco is very attractive on the inside, definitely somewhere you’d want to return, wooden tables, bottles of water on the tables and a reasonably priced menu, it’s an asset to a high street of chains. We went for brunch and chose the ‘totally vegan’ breakfast, which also came with sour dough bread making it far better for those who struggle with wheat. The staff were a mixed bag, some very happy with customisation and some a little confused (I was brought butter with my vegan breakfast…). There are a variety of sides you can add and remove from your order and lots of choice. The menu is here.
- The price – not too expensive, especially for an independent in Clapham
- The taste – delicious flavours, whether you’re personalising the menu or not
- The location – in the centre of Clapham, very close to Clapham Common tube station
- Easily customisable – they don’t make you feel bad for ‘this without this’
- The staff – some a little confused by the orders
- Portion sizes – could be a tad bigger (although we could just be being greedy…)
All in all, Eco is definitely Food of Me approved. Some staff education around the different food options wouldn’t go a miss but we will definitely be returning for another tasty brunch and to try the other options. If you’d like to go, you can book online.
Over all FoodofMe Rating
- Service and attitude 70%
- Ability to customise 85%
- Taste 80%
- Value for money 75%
- Location 85%
- Overall Experience 90%
Eating styles welcome:
✓ Vegetarian and Pescatarian
✓ Low Carb (Atkins and Paleo)
✓ Intolerances (Dairy and Gluten)
✓ Allergies (although you’d probably want to call the Manager over to take your order!)