Gail’s Bakery is a chain based mainly in London specialising in baked goods, particularly bread however serves some great healthy alternatives. Gail’s has opened in my home town of Farnham so I went to visit. Gail’s is lovely when you walk in, lots of attractive pastries and lovely wooden floors and tables.
Gail’s caters for all types of eaters making it a great middle ground for most people. I chose to have the raspberry coconut chia pudding with the home made granola, it came to around £8. Which is the eat in price. The eat out price is about £2 less than this. What I liked about it is the chia pudding was out into a nice bowl and brought to my table along with my coffee, giving it that up market feeling, always nice not to eat out of plastic!
On my next visit I went for a lower carb option, avocado and salmon, tasty but a bit overpriced for the amount!
Gail’s definitely has a bakery feel to it however it’s great to see that there are a lot of healthy options for breakfast and for lunch:
- Lots of variety so everyone can enjoy their visit. Bacon and eggs for low carbers, chia pudding or porridge for vegans and pastries for everyone else!
- Lovely setting, very well designed
- Staff are friendly and knowledgeable
- Quite expensive and very busy
- Fairly hard to come across as there aren’t many (yet) but they are always in lovely areas, for example the store I visited is on Castle Street in Farnham, one of the nicest roads in the town
I really enjoyed my visit to Gail’s and thought the food was delicious, I look froward to going back to try more
Over all FoodofMe Rating
- Service and attitude 70%
- Options for all eating types 90%
- Ability to customise 80%
- Taste 85%
- Value for money 60%
- Location 80%