Leon Restaurants is a fast food restaurant based in London, founded in 2004. As of June 2016 Leon have 36 stores in the UK and are constantly growing. Leon’s has a great reputation for serving fast, healthy food on the go, their tag line being ‘naturally fast food’. We went to try it out for breakfast, however had such a great time so we’ll be going back for lunch!
Immediately walking in it has quite a diner feel and definitely feels fast paced, which is fine because you know your food will be ready quickly. The menu up on the wall boasts a wide range of foods, with something for everyone. Vegans can go for almond milk porridge with 3 different toppings, vegetarians yoghurt with granola and those following low carb can choose a pot containing bacon and eggs or salmon and avocado. There is a variety of drinks including fresh juices, smoothies and of course coffee, tea etc. The almond milk porridge with banana and cinnamon was absolutely delicious, can only imagine what the others were like. They also have an almond milk jug at the condiment station which we thought was very impressive.
There is a large selection of ‘all day’ options which are great for quick lunches including a vegan quinoa salad which got me very excited, however as it was only 8.45 this wasn’t out yet so I’m yet to see and taste it. There are also a variety of sandwiches, salads hummous pots, burgers, wraps and many more which all look really appealing and loads of yummy pastries. The prices are regular coffee shop prices, the only thing I thought was a little over priced was the juice I had, which cos £2.95 and was very small.
- A lot of variety, a great place to go if you’re in a rush, quick service and clean tables
- Lots of space
- Leon’s has really taken into account the variety of eating styles which exist and mark all of their foods and drinks with very useful information. This makes it really easy to find something quickly:
- Low saturated fat
- Low glycemic load
- Wheat free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Has nuts in
- Breakfast for vegans consists only of porridge which is quite a high carb way to start the day. A great solution would be to bring in a dairy free yoghurt so the granola fruit option would be a possibility.
- The food tastes great and seems fresh, however my porridge was ready so quickly I can’t imagine it was made as fresh as I’d like, however it was so delicious it was hard to care
- The staff were a little dismissive,and had a bit of a Mcdonalds attitude which seems a shame
- No vegan dinner options, however, I’d probably be happy with the porridge again!
All in all, we LOVE Leon Restaurants and will be returning as soon as we can!
Over all FoodofMe Rating
- Service and attitude 75%
- Options for all eating types 90%
- Ability to customise 90%
- Taste 90%
- Value for money 70%
- Location 75%
Eating styles welcome:
✓ Vegetarian and Pescatarian
✓ Low Carb (Atkins and Paleo)
✓ Intolerances (Dairy and Gluten)
✓ Allergies – obviously allergy dependent but they are very conscious of this so we’re confident you’ll find something (but less us know if you don’t!)